Dan Robertson: Sports Editor

Dan Robertson is a third-year global and international studies student specializing in communications. Born in the village of Peterborough, Ont., Dan put on skates at the young age of four. He ended up hating it and didn’t try again until he was six—to this day he blames those long two years as the reason he didn’t make it to the NHL.

Once his dreams of winning the house league championship were crushed, Dan picked up a pen and paper and begin to cover local high school sports for his school newspaper.

Transitioning to university, Dan brought along his love of sports writing, volunteering for the Charlatan at the Expo. It wasn’t until second year when he really focused on his writing with the Charlatan.

In second year you could find Dan standing by the boards of most hockey games or sitting courtside at a basketball game taking photos. He was given the amazing opportunity to take photos at Capital Hoops and cover the women’s basketball U Sports University Cup in Victoria, BC.

When taking a break from not doing school work you can usually find Dan reading up on articles about different sports, receiving anxiety attacks while watching Toronto Maple Leaf games, and planning trips that he can’t afford.

E-mail: sports@charlatan.ca